I love the beginning of a new year. Everything’s new and fresh. You get a chance at another start. Plus, I like making lists so it's my chance to update my resolutions list.
Here's an edited version of my 2016 resolutions with a little thought into how I'm going to update them for 2017:
1. 2016 - Keep up with my resolutions. Score! I did it. So for 2017, I’m keeping that resolution.
2. 2016 - Lose weight! Well, this one is a little harder to gauge because somewhere between the move to Mom and Dad’s house and in the move out of Mom and Dad’s house into my condo, my scale has up and disappeared so I really don’t know how much I weigh. It’s actually been a bit liberating not knowing for sure how much I weigh and so this year’s resolution may be a bit updated. For 2017, I want to be sure I take care of myself – walk for the health benefits of it, do some light yoga for the health benefits of it. Eat well, but in moderation. If I happened to lose weight because of it, yay! If I don’t, then I’ll still feel healthy. I’m still not 100% sure I’m going to go out and buy a scale…
3. 2016 - Fun read more! I failed miserably at this one. I think I have read fewer books this year than I have in my entire life. So for 2017, I have my Goodreads book goal set to 100 books as you can see in the little box to the right there towards the bottom of the page.
4. 2016 - Manage my time better. I feel like I did better some days with this one than others. I’m getting better at it, though. It’s been a slow process. For 2017, I’m going to continue to try and manage my time better, but forgive myself on the days when I don’t/can’t.
5. 2016 - Relax. Let’s just say it’s a work-in-progress. I feel like my ability to relax correlates to my ability to manage my time. For 2017, I’ll just keep trying to relax more and forgive myself when I don’t.
Now that I’ve edited my 2016 goals to match my 2017 goals, they need a little re-ordering.
2. Manage my time better.
3. Read more.
4. Take care of my body.
5. Keep up with my 2017 resolutions.
Done! I like keeping my resolutions to just five because if I add more to it, then they're less likely to get done and more likely to get lost in the business of the year. Now, off to work on item #1...
As a newly graduated teacher, our main question was, Where's the free stuff?? Because honestly, what grad student can afford to buy the ...
I love the beginning of a new year. Everything’s new and fresh. You get a chance at another start. Plus, I like making lists so it's my ...
When I was at U of Memphis, we had a fall break. It usually consisted of two school days and a weekend. We always felt a bit robbed by that....
Unique sets of challenges exist for those of us who are divorced and re-enter the dating scene. Many involve our kids, but I faced one this...