Anais Nin Quote

"Living never wore one out so much as the effort not to live." Anais Nin

"A life undocumented is a life unlived."

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Camouflage Mile-A-Minute Afghan

What do you do when you have a teenager who loves camouflage? Make them a camouflage afghan! And it's finished! Well, almost. I still need to tuck in the edges, but outside of that it's done. I've crocheted a mile-a-minute afghan before, but I did an altered pattern. I made one for my fiance patterned after one made for him by his granny that had been lost in a divorce. This time, I used the pattern from my Leisure Arts Our Best Afghans A to Z book. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn - 6 skeins of the Camo yarn and 3 skeins of the Black yarn. This really is a fun pattern to crochet.

Here's a close-up. It's a shell stitch with a round of double crochets, a v-stitch, and a third round of double crochet. 


Here's a photo of the back. I put the panels together with a whip stitch. 


And here's a couple of photos of the finished product! Ignore the stray pieces of yarn hanging out. I'm hoping to get them all tucked in by the end of the night. 


Finished!

Another project down - 50 gazillion more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Stuff for Shelby County Schools Teachers

As a newly graduated teacher, our main question was, Where's the free stuff?? Because honestly, what grad student can afford to buy the ...