Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Little Bit of Updating

Back when I first got divorced, an old friend picked up a slightly used bookcase at a yard sale. It had obviously been used in a child's bedroom, but it was the perfect size for my bathroom at the time. Later, it was a great fit in the small bathroom of my townhouse on the UofM South Campus.

The only problem was that it was ugly, just pitiful looking. It needed updating badly, but I just did not have the time, place or resources to do it with. Fast forward to a week and a half ago. I finally got the resources, the time, and the place so I dug in. I had squirreled away a small can of paint in a beautiful color that I had gotten for free, waiting for the day when I knew I would be able to use it on something. I eagerly dug it out, plopped the bookcase on the carport, grabbed the electric sander and went to town. The end result is not a work of art, but I was happy with it. It matches my bathroom colors and is great for storing the things I use regularly. 

A face only a mother could love...
Ta-da!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job. Love the color of blue you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have plenty of it left - just waiting to be applied to the next project, whatever that might wind up being! lol

    ReplyDelete

Lesson Gone Wrong

For those of you who have worked with me before, you know one of the things I constantly do is reflect. Where did I go wrong? What could I h...